About Me

My photo
Going to use this blog to post random sex related things. This may be links to my favourite erotica authors or my own writings. Pretty much anything that is sex related but in a positive way. Image is not mine but by zantyarz on deviant art (image marked for reuse).

Tuesday 20 May 2014

Smut for Good: Fun in the Sun bloghop


Please visit http://www.justgiving.com/funsun and donate what you can to the R.N.L.I. as this is part of the Smut for Good Fun in the Sun Charity Bloghop. http://smutforgood.co.uk/fun-in-the-sun/
Please do visit the webpage to view other blogs - many of which include extracts from top notch erotica books by some fabulous authors.

I am not an author like many of the people taking part in this event.  So I didn't have a story prepared, I'm still working on the one I started for the last bloghop.  So I've been puzzling what to write about over the last day or two.

I've been reflecting back to when I was a child.  My father was in the forces so I grew up in Germany for a large part of it.  When not in school, I'd go out to play as soon as I could after breakfast and then go in when it got dark, it was what we did back then he-he.

As I grew older and we moved back to England the heat became a little more oppressive.  Gone were the days of me running round a field playing rugby in 30 degrees centigrade now I was too hot if it got above 18.  I managed to get sunstroke when I was about 16 in Wales (yeah I know not exactly exotic) and I am one of those people that go red, pink, then the skin peels and I'm white again.  I learnt that at an early age so being tanned was a boring and pointless idea to me and remains so.  That's not to say others shouldn't, it's an individual choice just that I'd rather be in the shade with a book.  I did manage to get a bit of a tan on my 30th birthday.  I was on holiday in December in Gran Canaria and they had a mini heatwave there.  I stuck to the shade most of the time but I actually turned a dirty white - it was a subject of much mirth for my friends.

I guess I still hide from the sun, oh it's okay for short amounts of time but I am a moaning Minnie when it comes to being hot.  When it's too hot or cold the M.E. really doesn't like it so I don't like any extremes.  I got thinking about how when we are young we are happy even in the hottest or coldest weather.  We run around and play finding joy and excitement around every corner.

Over the past few days with the sun streaming through the plants and trees around me and the birds have been in full song I've stared for a while each day out of the windows and smiled.  It's a glorious world that we live in, such vibrant life around us if we just look.  The plants, flowers, trees and wildlife all gloriously in existence.  For a long time I've been determined to stop and smell the flowers.  By that I mean to pause occasionally in life and take a look around.  Appreciate what a fantastic world I live in.  I love nature and although some of it is yucky or scares the pants off me I can appreciate that it's marvellous in it's design and diversity.  It's an amazing world that we have the pleasure of existing in.  Made even more wonderful with the amazing humans around us that we each love.

So take a look around outside, enjoy the moment, enjoy the sun (responsibly) and be safe.  Look at all around you with a child-like wonder and curiosity.  Smile to yourself and find something out there that brings that smile to your face.  Enjoy being truly alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment